Freedom Scientific posted the latest update to JAWS (17.0.1539) today. This release includes many improvements made since the previous update in January.
What’s New in JAWS 17 lists the enhancements and new features in JAWS 17. Recommended reading if you’re lucky enough to be a JAWS 17 user! 😉
To check for updates, minimise all (<WinKey+M>), move focus to the desktop (<WinKey+D>), press <Ins+J,h,p> (and <Alt+Y> if the UAC Prompt pops up). The check for updates may take a minute or two.
NV Access released NVDA 2016.1 this morning. NVDA is a free and open source screen reader for Windows.
Highlights of this release include:
- the ability to optionally lower the volume of other sounds (audio ducking)
- improved Braille output and display support
- significant Microsoft Office support bugfixes
- better handling of browse mode in iTunes
- reporting of emphasis is now disabled by default 😤
Visit What’s New in NVDA for full details.
KNFB Reader 2.6.1 is now available on Apple’s App Store for $99.99 (€99.99 in the Eurozone). Expensive, but is it worth it?